Solutions

Search  Users  Rules 
Close
Login:
Password:
Forgot your password?
Register
Login Register
 
Pages: 1
RSS
Cpanel resource usage details are always zero, resource usage, memory usage, entry process, resource usage not updating
Hi,

I have a strange issue. The "Resource usage" details in the cpanel is not updating at all. The cpu usage, entry process and memory usage is always zero. We have tried running cron job to verify the entry process and but it is not updating at all. Can someone tell what might be the cause?.


Resource Usage Details
Current Usage
CPU Usage 0% / 100%
Memory Usage 0 / 1.0G
Entry Processes 0 / 20

:?:
Regards,
Arun.
Arun,

Do you see anything in lvetop? If no -- check if mod_hostinglimits installed.
Is there any activity for that user? Does data show up for other users?
If no -- try doing:
service lvestats stop
service lvestats start
I'm seeing the same thing. This started after I updated:

Installing : kernel-firmware-2.6.32-231.21.1.lve0.9.18.1.noarch
Installing : kmod-lve-2.6.32-231.21.1.lve0.9.18.1.x86_64-0.9-93.3.el6.x86_64
Installing : kernel-2.6.32-231.21.1.lve0.9.18.1.x86_64
Updating : kmod-lve-0.9-93.3.el6.x86_64
Updating : kernel-headers-2.6.32-231.21.1.lve0.9.18.1.x86_64
Updating : cloudlinux-release-6-6.2.2.x86_64

The history table in the sqlite db (/var/lve/lveinfo.db) is being updated, but should the entries be in UTC time? Wait, there are no entries recorded during the time I had changed the allowed mem to anything other than the default 1GB:

501|0|12|1|1|0|5|1|||13|262144|10041|0|0|2012-01-31 21:00:00|60|localhost
501|0|12|1|1|0|5|0|||13|262144|9513|0|0|2012-02-01 18:00:00|60|localhost
501|0|12|1|1|0|5|2|||21|262144|9652|0|0|2012-02-01 22:00:00|60|localhost
501|0|12|1|1|0|5|0|||13|262144|9652|0|0|2012-02-02 12:00:00|60|localhost
501|0|12|1|1|0|5|0|||7|262144|5258|0|0|2012-02-02 16:00:00|60|localhost
501|0|12|1|1|0|5|1|||14|262144|5876|0|0|2012-02-02 17:00:00|60|localhost
501|0|12|1|1|0|5|1|||18|262144|5963|0|0|2012-02-02 19:00:00|60|localhost
501|0|12|1|1|0|5|0|||13|262144|9588|0|0|2012-02-02 21:00:00|60|localhost
501|0|12|1|1|0|5|0|||2|262144|1306|0|0|2012-02-02 23:00:00|60|localhost
501|0|12|2|1|0|5|0|||3|262144|1306|0|0|2012-02-03 00:00:00|60|localhost
501|0|12|2|1|0|5|0|||21|262144|1306|0|0|2012-02-03 01:40:00|5|localhost

mod_hostinglimits is installed:

root@vpc1 [/home/brooks]# !1023
/etc/init.d/httpd -M|grep hosting
hostinglimits_module (shared)

I deleted the LVE using "lvectl delete 501" which set things back to default and now things are working again.

Code
lveinfo --id=501 --by-fault=mem --period=1h
Fr om         To           aCPU  mCPU    lCPU    aEP     mEP     lEP     aMem    mMem    lMem    MemF    MepF
02-02 14:00  02-02 15:00  0     1       12      0       0       5       8K      5.1M    1.0G    0       0
02-02 15:05  02-02 15:10  0     2       12      0       0       5       172K    5.1M    1.0G    0       0


Although it's still not showing the memory faults:

Code
root@vpc1 [/home/brooks]# lveinfo --id=501 --by-fault=mem --period=1d
From         To           aCPU  mCPU    lCPU    aEP     mEP     lEP     aMem    mMem    lMem    MemF    MepF
02-02 03:00  02-02 04:00  0     1       12      0       0       5       52K     37.7M   1.0G    0       0
02-02 07:00  02-02 08:00  0     1       12      0       0       5       28K     20.5M   1.0G    0       0
02-02 08:00  02-02 09:00  0     1       12      0       1       5       56K     23.0M   1.0G    0       0
02-02 10:00  02-02 11:00  0     1       12      0       1       5       72K     23.3M   1.0G    0       0
02-02 12:00  02-02 13:00  0     1       12      0       0       5       52K     37.5M   1.0G    0       0
02-02 14:00  02-02 15:00  0     1       12      0       0       5       8K      5.1M    1.0G    0       0
02-02 15:05  02-02 15:10  0     2       12      0       0       5       172K    5.1M    1.0G    0       0


Even though there have been several:

Code
root@vpc1 [/home/brooks]# more /proc/lve/list 
5:LVE   EP      lCPU    lIO     CPU     MEM     IO      lMEM    lEP     nCPU    fMEM    fEP
0       0       25      25      0       0       0       262144  5       1       0       0
501     0       25      25      2444642900      0       0       262144  5       1       24      0


The only thing I had changed was the mem lim it, using something like "lvectl set 501 --mem=200M --save".

Something doesn't seem to working correctly.
Edited: Kevin Brooks - 02.02.2012 20:51:19
Kevin,

lvectl / kernel update shouldn't matter.
Could you post output of:
rpm -qa|grep lve
ps aux|grep lve
ls -l /ver/lve/*
grep lvestat /var/log/messages

From what I see -- lve-stats are not recording data
Pages: 1
Users browsing this topic (1 guests, 0 registered, 0 hidden)